Tuesday, August 29, 2017

7-10

There’s a quiet space in my brain, the mess you once occupied. 

Peace catches me off-guard. Bubbles of happiness roll over me now and again like I’m in the surf, tickling, reminding me what my skin feels like. 

There’s security in my life, for once. Stability. I’m tired, but elated that my hard work is finally paying off. My feet are solid on the ground. 

When was the last time you made me feel still? I remember. 

Arms around you, absorbing your heat, memorizing your smell, worried to leave you. I was truly happy. I thought we had reached a turning point, broken through. False peace. I could never relax long enough to rest. 

I’m rested now--energized with my truth and seeing my long efforts beginning to pay off. I feel rested when he goes quiet and listens to my words; his calm peace seeps into me. 

I wonder if I can borrow his stillness. It feels greedy to ask; but I know he is waiting for a chance to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment