Tuesday, May 29, 2018

One-Sided Soulmate.

I think the soul in me
recognized the one in you
and I don't know why that scared you
but there's only so much I can do
and I wonder if another life
another way will prove
that what I felt was valid in the shifting and the move
so for this life it's just a brushing
and now that soul has come and gone
but there's more lives that are coming
and this one was just a little wrong.
but I'll live my best and hope
that in another life I'll find
to be rewarded with that love that I
could feel within my mind
and the way my body called you
and the way my blood was yours
I think my soul was ready but his wasn't, yet, of course
or perhaps it's just a childish thought
to smooth the pain of being forgot
I knew a Love but it's passed by
I hope I get another try.

No comments:

Post a Comment