Monday, April 23, 2018

4-23

The remains of the sun paint the water in roses and yellows, and the cantankerous geese hoot gently and swim in circles, black silhouettes against the sunset. Bats dart through the air, collecting dinner.

It is nice, it is calming, and I forget I'm exhausted, I forget to be chilly for a few minutes.

What a careful navigation of a new person. Finding the new lines. Treading so lightly.

But I am glad of the light movement. I am still easing myself back in, evaluating. I need to be ready to put a terrible love behind me and move forward without dragging haunted pieces into the future.

So we stand quietly a little apart, and watch the birds and the bats, and I am curious about the possibilities, but I am also so tired, and my heart is a little bruised, and so it feels good just to stand there wondering without the pressures of expectation.

No comments:

Post a Comment